As a fitness or conditioning expert for combat athletes, you’ve likely had thoughts of being cage side as one of your athletes enters the UFC octagon.
This is an incredible accomplishment. It’s highly coveted.
It’s most likely never going to happen.
Let’s be honest… the likelihood of one of your students getting to the UFC is slim to none. Yes, we know we have members who train fighters in the Bellator and UFC. Yes, we even have certified coaches who train UFC and Bellator World Champions…Quite a few in fact!
We are proud of you.
And, you have to admit that’s not how you pay most of your bills. In fact, likely very few bills are paid with your elite athletes.
Your bills are paid with the average person who wants to get in shape, learn some BJJ, improve their striking skills and lose a few inches around the midline.
Yes, training a UFC athlete can be a great credibility booster. There is no doubt. You also need to learn how to leverage that clout to get more clients or sell more products. That’s why we teach you marketing as a member of the MMACA and NESTA.
Most MMA gym owners will tell you that a chunk of their revenue comes from group cardio kickboxing classes.
Most MMA Conditioning Coaches will tell you the bulk of their revenue comes from “Joe and Jane Consumer” who enjoy WATCHING the UFC and has never considered trying to be a pro fighter. They just like the idea of an MMA workout and want to have fun. Of course, they want to improve their skills, but it’s always for fun and simple self-improvement.
If you are deep in the trenches of MMA, you know most pro fighters are broke. They often share an apartment with a buddy. They embrace the grind on the mat and in life. They are NOT the ideal candidate for helping you grow your business.
Who is your ideal candidate?
It is most likely a person who has some formal education, in their 30s or 40s, has discretionary income and loves the UFC but never wants to get punched in the face. If you have filled your training roster with 70% of these types of people, you can have fun training elite athletes with the remaining 30% of your time. If you do it the other way around, you may go broke.
We’re always keeping it real.
Our coaches who follow our advice and business protocol enjoy careers which are personally and professionally fulfilling.
Now it’s your turn.
Click over now to enroll if you haven’t yet!
The MMACA Team