As a coach for martial artists and combat athletes from any discipline, you focus a great deal on the basics – technique, strength, flexibility, endurance, and power.
You know how vital the mind is to your success. You know by working with your students that mental toughness, speed of thought, relaxation, emotional control, and overall brain health is where the real world-class performance is created.
Most coaches implement some type of mental training with their training protocol.
However, there is a challenge. Most coaches know almost ZERO about the brain and mental training protocol. Yes, it’s true.
Can you answer the following 7 questions in detail?
1. How does the brain get washed during optimal sleep?
2. What is the difference between the conscious mind, subconscious mind, and the unconscious mind?
3. What’s the difference between the brain and the mind?
4. What are the implications of negative thoughts on the molecules within our body?
5. Can you explain how attitudes, beliefs and emotional states ranging from love and compassion to fear and anger can trigger chain reactions that affect blood chemistry?
6. Can you explain achievement motivation?
7. Can you explain autotelic “self-projection” and how it affects sports performance?
We ask you these questions for a couple of reasons.
First, it’s good to be honest about what you know and still need to learn.
Then, We want you to be intrigued about improving your brain function as a coach. And, we want you to realize your students need and want more brain fitness (and mental training techniques) for higher levels of performance.
If this now interests you, you will want to learn more about these world-class programs to help you.
Sports Psychology Coach Certification
Mind-Body Fitness Coach
Brain Fitness Coach Certification
If you are a good coach now, these courses will make you even better.
If your students are getting results now, they will rapidly improve after you share this new knowledge with them.
Get certified. Earn continuing education credits. Become a world-class coach.
The MMA Conditioning Association Team